The NBCUniversal Late Night Writers Workshop is a 2-day program focused on exposing talented sketch and comedy writers to NBCUniversal’s late night line-up and readying them for a staff writer position.
We particularly encourage female writers and those of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Full info is available on the website, Late Night Writers Workshop, and below.
DUE BY AUGUST 16th in ONE PDF FILE:
- 1-2 pages of monologue jokes (a la Late Night with Jimmy Fallon) for one or several characters/host personalities. If you think it helps us, please indicate which host or character(s) (can be but does not have to be NBC specific).
- 1-2 pages of headline news/ topical jokes (a la Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update”).
- 2 sketches (no more than 5 pages EACH). These sketches should be character based and at least one should be a “correspondent” “desk bit” or “pre-taped” sketch (Examples: Jimmy Fallon’s “Thank-You Notes” or Jay Leno’s “Ross the Intern”). Just imagine the bits in Act 2 of any late night show. If you do a desk bit, please indicate which host (can be but does not have to be NBC specific).
- Applicants must complete the Late Night Writers Workshop application. Please upload the sketch packet in the application form.Click Here for application.
- Applicants must fill out a release form for their submitted packet. Upload form in online application.
The two-day, NYC-based workshop will consist of improv classes as well as keynote speakers. The selected writers will create new sketch material and gain insight into the dynamics of a late night writers’ room as well as learn about NBCUniversal’s late night line-up. Participants are given the chance to interact with key writers and producers from across NBCUniversal’s late night shows as well as receive feedback on their material. Writing assignments on an NBCUniversal late night television show may be available after successful completion of the program but are not a guarantee.
Questions (NOT APPLICATIONS) should be submitted firstname.lastname@example.org