Submitted by Annapurna
In addition to childbirth and menstruation and menopause or rather, because of these things, we women need a little somethin’ extra to keep us healthy from our ovaries to our hair to our bones. Good health: the best diet to adhere to.
Great tips from this slideshow with recipes and resources from Seven Best Foods for Women:
- Salmon, or any source of the Omega 3 called DHA
- Leafy Greens, everything from spinach and kale to collard greens and mustard greens. That’s right! That means pass the sarson ka saag!
- Whole Grains (better than whole wheat is whole grains; Whole Foods has a great Man’s Bread and Women’s Bread)
- Nuts — I carry peanuts everywhere I go. I can’t get enough.
- Golden Veggies, like sweet potatoes (Cajun Sweet Potatoes–yum!)